Same-Day Doctor Visits in Minnetonka
Everyone needs regular primary care services. Annual checkups, preventative medicine, flu shots, prescription refills–primary care doctors make sure your health stays on track year in and year out. They are usually the first point of contact for patients who need medical attention.
However, traditional primary care physicians are often busy, and scheduling an appointment can take several days or even weeks. In some cases, families need immediate primary care services. That’s where direct primary care comes in handy. With direct primary care, you’ll be able to schedule same-day doctor visits for all of life’s unexpected events.
Odom Health and Wellness provides direct primary care memberships, offering unlimited doctor access and same-day appointments.
If you’re seeking a same-day doctor visit in Minnetonka, call us at 952-522-3703 to start your membership and check our appointment availability. Please note that our practice is not open to the public. You will need to sign up for a membership in order to access same-day doctor visits.
When You Might Need to Schedule a Same-Day Doctor Visit
There are times when families need immediate primary care services. Here are five conditions that might require a same-day doctor visit:
- Flu: Flu symptoms can come on quickly and severely. Same-day doctor visits are beneficial for those who need immediate relief from flu symptoms.
- Sore Throat: A sore throat can indicate an infection, such as strep throat. A same-day doctor visit is able to diagnose the issue and prescribe medication if necessary.
- Minor Injuries: Sprains, cuts, and bruises are common injuries that may require medical attention. Same-day doctor visits address these injuries before they get worse.
- Stomach Bugs: Symptoms of stomach bugs, such as vomiting and diarrhea, can be debilitating. Same-day doctor visits provide quick relief and prevent dehydration.
- Allergic Reactions: Allergic reactions can be severe and even life-threatening. Book a same-day appointment with your doctor who will help you manage the symptoms and provide the necessary treatment. If you or someone else is experiencing anaphylaxis, use an epipen and head to an emergency room immediately.
Benefits of Telehealth Medicine
In today’s world, many people value convenience and accessibility. Telehealth medicine offers both. Odom Health and Wellness provides telehealth services to give members the doctor access they need from any place in the world. With telehealth medicine, members can schedule virtual visits with their doctor using their smartphone or computer. Telehealth medicine can be beneficial for those who have busy schedules or live in remote areas.
Sometimes, our members have pressing questions or concerns. Instead of driving to our office for a same-day doctor visit, they simply send an email or call their doctor for answers. Easy peasy!
Direct Primary Care vs. Urgent Care or Emergency Room
It’s important to note that direct primary care is not an urgent care or emergency room. If you have a life-threatening condition, please call 911 and head to the nearest hospital.
Odom Health and Wellness can treat flu, sore throats, stomach bugs, and other issues. Feel free to call and ask our team whether or not certain conditions are treated here. In general, direct primary care aims to cover 90% of the average person’s annual primary care needs, but it does not replace specialist care provided by a cardiologist, oncologist, or gynecologist, for example.
Sign up for a Direct Primary Care Membership for Same-Day Appointments
To get a same-day doctor visit in Minnetonka, start your monthly direct primary care membership today. You can use it as soon as you’re registered. Odom Health and Wellness offers unlimited doctor access and same-day appointments for members, and with a direct primary care membership, you can have peace of mind knowing that you have access to medical care whenever you need it. Plus, our telehealth services make it easy to get medical attention from the comfort of your own home or while you’re on the go.
Sign up for a direct primary care membership today and get the medical attention you need when you need it.