Looking for Healthier Super Bowl Recipes, including appetizers and snacks? Look no further! We’ve compiled several resources so you will surely find a few crowd pleasers that won’t sabotage your New Year progress.
Find healthier super bowl appetizers Here including a Southwest Layered Bean Dip, a healthier Chili Con Queso and Pan Fried Buffalo Wings.
If you need easy, hands-off main courses or entrees for a crowd, check out the recipes HERE including brisket, pulled pork and oven fried chicken tenders.
Menus and recipes stolen from a March Madness themed post last spring. Find game day foods like corn bread sticks, granola cookies and fast chicken chili HERE.
Here are some recipes that I would deem healthier, slightly improved or at least better than anything fried.
Super Bowl Sabotage Tips:
- Eat a solid breakfast with lean protein and good carbs.
- Make sure to eat at least one serving of vegetables at lunch and during your main game day meal.
- Don’t graze all day. Set specific times for meals that you eat. You will feel so much better and the food will taste so much better.
- Drink water, water, water.
- Try to bake or sauté everything and avoid fried foods as much as possible.
- Only eat off a plate. Don’t allow yourself to grab handfuls out of bowls, bags or platters.
- Use tons of vegetables wherever possible. Example: put a boat load of frozen spinach in spinach dip along with sour cream and plain Greek yogurt.
- Shrimp cocktail is a great appetizer or main meal side. All you have to do is by a frozen bag a cooked shrimp, run the shrimp under cold water until thawed, arrange on a platter and enjoy with cocktail sauce.
- Make your own pizza instead of ordering. Find a recipe for pizza crust or focaccia and load it up with veggies before baking.