Holiday Special #3
Get a 6-Pack for $150.
Six, 30 minute personal training sessions for 50% off. Value of $300. Purchase between December 18 and December 31 and sessions valid through 2014.
Merry Christmas from ODOM Health & Wellness
Mention this email to receive your discount. 952.224.1919.
Healthy Tidbit #3
DID YOU KNOW?
- The human body has more than 650 muscles.
- Each muscle fiber is thinner than a human hair and can support up to 1,000 times its own height.
- By the age of 65, muscles that have not engaged in exercise on a regular basis can decrease in muscular strength by as much as 80%.
- The optimal exercise program for controlling your weight is one that combines aerobic conditioning and strength training. This combination expends a larger number of calories while increasing or maintaining lean muscle mass which has the highest resting metabolic (calorie burning) rate.
- Women can and should get strong. Since the admission of women to West Point in 1976, several female graduates have performed over 100 straight-back pushups in two minutes. In 1990, one woman performed 132 pushups in two minutes.
- In order to improve strength level, a demand must be placed on the muscular system. No demand, no improvement.