1. Check if athlete has baseline neurocognitive testing like SCAT, if not then perform test
2. Perform clinical evaluation
3. Determine if imaging is needed
4. Follow and manage symptoms clinically providing appropriate symptomatic treatment and brain rest. When clinically appropriate, start progressing patient. Increase physical and mental loads and see if they pass testing and stress. If they are passing the tests then continue progressing, until symptom free, after which the athlete would be cleared and ready to return to sports.
5. If not able to be cleared and declared symptom free, provide additional testing, including neuropsychology, sports psychology, nutrition, and physical therapy until cleared.
10653 Wayzata Boulevard, #200
Minnetonka, MN 55305 Google Map