Clear Skin Tips from Britney, PA-C, our new derm specialist:
- To prevent scars, do not pop, squeeze, or pick at acne; seek treatment early for acne that does not respond to over-the-counter medications.
- Gently wash affected areas twice a day with mild soap and warm water. Vigorous washing and scrubbing can irritate your skin and make acne worse.
- Use noncomedogenic (does not clog pores) cosmetics and toiletries.
- Use oil-free cosmetics and sunscreens.
- Avoid alcohol-based astringents, which strip your skin of natural moisture.
- Use medication as directed and allow enough time for acne products to take effect, which might be six to eight weeks.
Britney Foster Busse, PA-C provides advanced skin care and general dermatologic care at the Minnetonka clinic.
Contact us at 952.224.1919. for immediate appointments and quick solutions for your skin care problems.
Info from http://www.aad.org/media-resources/stats-and-facts/conditions/acne