Brain health. This is a serious subject. There is so much misinformation available on the Internet that many people become easily confused as to what is fact and what is myth. Let’s just clear up one myth right now- drinking Pepsi to help improve your brain’s electrical waves is a bad idea. I’m not sure how this myth started, but it is out there and people are drinking Pepsi with the hope to ward off neurological issues.
Here are five easy things you can start doing today to improve your brain’s health;
- Get sleep. There are several documented studies that suggest sleeping eight hours a day not only improves your function, it also improves your memory and ability to handle stress.
- Get nuts! Nuts of all kinds are full of magnesium, a mineral linked to improvements in short- and long-term memory.
- Improve your diet. The brain starts to develop damage that can lead to difficulty with thinking and memory as you age, but research shows that people who eat a Mediterranean diet are 36 percent less likely to have such damage.
- Be blue. A study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry suggests that the fruit’s wealth of anthocyanins—the antioxidants that create the blue hue—foster neuron-to-neuron communication in the brain, which may help delay memory loss
- Watch a scary movie. Yes, this does help the brain. If you schedule yourself for a fright fest once a month, studies show both your heart and brain’s function improves over time.
We here at Odom Health & Wellness offer a complete team to medically supervise requests to improve brain function through lifestyle changes, diet improvement and physical fitness.
Have questions? Call us today!